The institution offers ESL, certificate, diploma, applied degree programs, university transfer programs along with Baccalaureate degree programs in partnership with Alberta universities.
The MHC Advantage
The following attributes contribute to the attractiveness of MHC to international students:
- Lower student to faculty ratio
- Safe community environment
- More intimate environment that allows students to transition to Canadian Culture and North American teaching styles
- ESL preparation for transition to diploma and university transfer programs
- Numerous diploma options and diploma exit points
- Availability of university transfer options to continue on to degree completion
- Career programs have solid transfer agreements that benefit international students when transferring to other institutions
- Several degree programs on campus in partnership with other Alberta Universities
- Competitive international tuition fees that are comparable with other provincial institutions
Medicine Hat College (MHC) is a publicly funded post-secondary institution with programs approved by the Minister of Innovation and Advanced Education. MHC has been serving students in southeastern Alberta and beyond since 1965. Situated in Canada’s sunniest city (Medicine Hat), MHC has campuses in Medicine Hat and Brooks. With some of the lowest student-to-instructor ratios in the province, MHC offers a very personal, one-on-one student experience.